Friday, November 6, 2009

Phone-free?

This weekend, I've decided to go phone-free. We'll see how long I last (I have a bit of a texting problem.), but I think that it might be good to just pretend I don't have a phone and let all the problems be dealt with by someone else for a change. Does that make sense? For certain people of course (family) I will still answer the phone. But, I think it might be good to just get some perspective and gain some healthier boundries in other relationships.

The other thing is that reading for this paper has been a very challenging experience. I've had some experience with eating disorders, so it's been pretty emotional, but the history of anorexia and bulimia is actually pretty fascinating. So, I've been torn. I want to read it because a) I have to and b)it's interesting, but I don't because it's brought back some unwanted feelings and emotions.

Soldier on. Closure, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. If it will help, we could ground you from your phone. Totally your choice, of course!

    ReplyDelete